Tuesday 19 November 2013

Neon Craft Thread

On my travels around the USA I found some amazing craft items. I also found some common craft items that also gave me some ideas.

At Paper Source (see previous post for details about this store) I found neon craft thread which gave me an idea for gift wrapping.



I have an excellent gift box from Paperchase (www.paperchase.co.uk) which is a a ridged, clouded plastic which is ideal for jewellery, cuff links, sweets or small gifts. I decided to use the neon thread to 'wrap' the gift box by using two strips of each colour.



I like the simplicity of the gift wrap and the brightness of the colour against the clear box with a darker insert.


SIMPLE KNOTS TO TIE THE THREAD


You could use different colours or type of threads. String, wool and raffia would all work well and you could use more threads to cover a wider area. I like the bright colours that stand out but you could use contrasting colours against wrapping paper or use tones of one colour

No comments:

Post a Comment