Sunday 6 October 2013

Washi Tape Wrapping

I have to confess that this idea is a bit of a homage to something I saw a few weeks ago!

Washi tape is a Japanese paper tape which is available at most craft stores, stationery stores or online. The tape is writable, comes in a range of colours & patterns and not too sticky so is ideal for gift wrap purposes.

The gift I needed to wrap was large and quite personal so I wanted the wrapping to reflect this. I took some good old fashioned brown paper and cut lengths of washi tape, sticking the tape in a random pattern on the paper.

It's not the most fancy wrap but I think it's simple and colourful!


Washi tape




For an extra washi tape tip, you could wrap this around string or ribbon to create an unusual package tie!







No comments:

Post a Comment